24-26th May 2012, Department of Biblical Studies, University of Sheffield
The Bible has played a fundamental role in the creation and existence of the modern state of Israel, and, some say, in the continued suffering of the Palestinian people.
- Rev Dr Naim Ateek
- Rabbi Professor Dan Cohn-Sherbook
- Professor Nur Masahla
- Professor Ilan Pappé
And panel discussions with:
- Professor Philip Davies
- Professor Mary Grey
- And others…
The conference organisers are welcoming contributions from all perspectives under four main headings:
- Antisemitism, Philosemitism and the Bible
- the Bible and the Existence of Israel
- Judaism, Christianity and Zionism
- and the Bible and the Palestinians.
Topics may include (but are by no means limited to):
- biblical archaeology and historiography
- Palestinian liberation theology
- violence and peace in the Bible
- Christian Zionism
- postcolonial biblical criticism
- modern Judaism and its relationship to Zionism.
Please send a title and a 300 word abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org, for a 20 minute paper.
For more information visit: www.thebiblezionismandpalestine.co.uk